Re: ja-dic.el and SKK-JYSYO.L

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: ja-dic.el and SKK-JYSYO.L
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 21:44:15 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Ivan Kanis <address@hidden> writes:

> SKK-JYSYO.L is out of date, I am trying to update it.

> I can't figure out how ja-dic.el is generated from SKK-JYSYO.L. In the
> commentary of ja-dic.el is says it has been generated by
> skkdic-convert. I can't find this function or program
> anywhere. Searching the web didn't help...

That function is in lisp/international/ja-dic-cnv.el.  When
you put a new SKK-JISYO.L (not SKK-JYSHO.L) under
leim/SKK-DIC, and run make under the leim directory, new
ja-dic.el and ja-dic.elc should be created.  Have you tried
it?

> I don't think SKK-JYSYO.L needs to be included in the source code, it's
> 2.7M and doesn't need to be there if ja-dic.el exists. It would make the
> tar ball a bit smaller.

When we discussed that matter long ago, we decided to
include all source data of input methods because the
compressed sizes are not that huge compared with the whole
tarball of Emacs.  Is the new SKK-JISYO.L much bigger than
the current one?

Perhaps we should consider moving SKK-JISYO.L (and the other
big files) to `admin' directory which is not included in the
tarball.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden