Re: New branch

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: New branch
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 20:55:19 -0500

> First: mirrors will suddenly appear as diverged branches. Hopefully

No, check again: the branches move strictly forward, mirrors should be
just fine.  The only potential issue is whether the "mainline history"
is preserved (see recent discussion about that).

>> When I tried to do that, I bumped into the problem that I can't have
>> a symlink "trunk" pointing to the "emacs-23" branch (because
>> bzr.sv.gnu.org's http server doesn't honor symlinks).
> I don't see how symlinks could help here.

I want/need a stable name to refer to "the branch where development
takes place".  So if that branch can be emacs-23 for a while and
emacs-24 later, I need something like symlinks in order to be able to
have trunk point to emacs-23 first and emacs-24 later.

        Stefan