Re: No commit in vc?

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: No commit in vc?
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 20:57:24 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Are you saying that this happened because a "merge" was not followed
> by a "commit", and only because of that?

Jan tried to commit after the merge, but somehow VC-dir passed some
file names to the command instead of doing a non-selective commit as he
intended.

[snip]

>> So it is documented. Maybe VC could detect if there are pending merges
>> parsing the output of `bzr st', or parse the error message returned by
>> `bzr commit somefile' and detect that the failure was due to a pending
>> merge
>
> And then do what?

Report that circumstance to the user?

But probably showing the error msg reported by bzr is enough, and IIRC
VC already does this.

>> What bzr shouldn't do is to output a backtrace. I'll file a bug report
>> for that.
>
> That was a backtrace in .bzr.log, no?  What's wrong with that?

Nothing. I checked that the backtrace does not show in the console, so
it is fine.