Re: redisplay system of emacs

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: redisplay system of emacs
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 23:50:31 +0900

alin.s writes:

 > When I first started to write the tabs, I started from redisplay_internal.
 > Fortunatelly, I found the solution such that I did not touch that code.

It's not "fortunate", it's designed that way.  Redisplay is the lowest
level of the display code, and tightly bound to the event loop.  If
there's an X display involved, life is very difficult, because X
protocol is totally asynchronous.

But most things (like adding a tab widget) should be able to work with
higher level display features.