Re: merge conlict?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: merge conlict?
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:50:18 -0500

    > "Merged trunk into a branch" implies that the branch has changed and
    > the trunk has not.  If so, why do we get a notification about it?  The
    > notifications are supposed to be for changes in the trunk, not for
    > changes in branches, right?

    Because the history DAG of the repository changed.  In Bazaar, history
    changes are also changes, not just text changes in the versioned
    files.

Do we want to get these notifications?
If not, we could change the program not to send them.

Do we want these notifications to contain different information?
If so, we could change the program to set them up differently.