Re: merge conlict?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: merge conlict?
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 21:02:40 -0500

> Second, what you propose is quite a bit of work, and not of the trivial
> kind.

I think what Andreas is talking about is not about your temporary local
commits, but rather that before commit your changes into the trunk,
you'll want to rework them into a set of clean logical patches.

My experience is indeed that Bzr helps me keep track of local changes
and work on long-time branches, but usually when it gets time to install
on the trunk, I really port the changes "by hand" rather than just ask
Bzr to merge some (set of) change(s), so that I can clean them up (and
often enough, update&improve them).  Many people use "rebase" for that
clean up.

        Stefan