Re: Unable to close a bug in the tracker.

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Unable to close a bug in the tracker.
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 19:06:11 -0500

I have filed bugs 5418 and 5419. If anyone would like to help implement
these features, that would be great.

If anyone thinks an entirely new bug tracker is needed (I have no
interest in helping with this), I would suggest the following steps:

sure you know what people actually said, what's been tried before,
what's important, how we got to where we are now, and to avoid
rehashing old arguments.

2) choose your alternative system. It should satisfy all the criteria
that have been stated before, do everything we want to do now, and
everything you want to do in the future.

3) set it up, import the existing bug database, and provide a test
setup that people can try out.

4) answer any questions people might have about the system, implement
any changes they ask for, document how it works.

5) wait for people to decide if they like it better than the current
system.

I would suggest making a new, more focused thread for any further
discussion.