Re: keybinding to duplicate the current line.

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: keybinding to duplicate the current line.
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 10:45:39 +0900

A. Soare writes:

 > > > and this is true when line-move-visual is nil.
 > >
 > > I use it even when I have line-move-visual=t.
 >
 > Then you do something bad, or at least bad for me.

True, that is a matter of personal preference and the data in front of
you (eg, you might have line-move-visual on, but be working on code
from a project with a strict line-length limit).  But AIUI
line-move-visual mode, doesn't C-a C-SPC C-e C-f M-w C-y do the wrong
thing for you too?  I almost never use long lines, but I would find it
very strange if C-a and C-e didn't have the same concept of "line" as
C-n and C-p do.