Re: Unable to close a bug in the tracker.

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: Unable to close a bug in the tracker.
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 21:57:00 +0100

   2010/1/15 Richard Stallman <address@hidden>:
   >    What _really_ bothers me about this bug tracking system (and I guess
   >    I'm going out on a limb here) is that _some_ people are so stuck on
   >    reading/adding/commenting on bugs using e-mail that A LOT of other
   >    potential contributors to Emacs get sort of left out.
   >
   > We decided not to leave ourselves out.

   By "we", do you mean the few that do not use a web browser today? I'm
   sure the majority of all Emacs developers and/or contributors would
   prefer to have a web interface instead of an e-mail interface if they
   had to choose between only one of them.

I am not a core Emacs developers, not even a regular contributor
but I really do not see the benefit of an HTTP interface other
simple email exchanges. At the very least, an emacs mode would be
enough for me *but* web would not help here.

YMMV off course.

        Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org