Re: bug spam

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: bug spam
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 13:09:23 -0500

Stefan Monnier wrote:

> Don't know that we can't.  I just don't know enough about how it works,
> but I presumed that it's only setup to work for mailing lists @gnu.org.

https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/ListHelperAntiSpam

    Actually, the listhelper system is not tied to gnu.org in any way.
    A few people are using it for handling non-GNU mailman lists as
    well. If you'd like to do that, email us.

> But the main point is that it's not just SpamAssassin: it uses a set of
> human moderator-volunteers, and they get to share acceptance/rejection
> rules across all lists.

It feels like passing the buck to me. "We left all our email addresses
published on the web for over a year, and now we get too much spam.
Please moderate it for us."