Re: bzr workflow

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: bzr workflow
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 09:31:05 +0100

Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:

> But at this point, I think we could update the BzrForEmacsDevs doc to
> recommend just doing trivial mods in trunk and committing directly from
> there.  Heck, that's what I'm doing with really simple stuff.
>
> Can anyone think of any gotchas?  Particularly gotchas that would lead
> to people on this list having to provide more support not less? :-)

Personally, I prefer the conceptual simplicity of using trunk/ as the
gateway to upstream and do not overload it with other uses. It costs
nothing to bind quickfixes/ to upstream as trunk/ already is. I think
that if people use trunk/ for hacking, eventually it will get polluted
by half done quickfixes and will inhibit the use of feature branches
(because you need to clean up trunk/ before merging the feature branch
into upstream, etc), thus involuntarily encouraging a disorganized
personal development model, as was the case with CVS.

--
Óscar