Re: bzr branch makes bogus "No space left on device" claim and dies

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: bzr branch makes bogus "No space left on device" claim and dies
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 10:14:24 -0500

B Smith-Mannschott <address@hidden> writes:
>I grabbed this (300MB) today over my work connection. I tweaked
>trunk/.bzr/branch/branch.conf to point it to use http: instead of
>sftp. I was then able to bzr pull the week or so of missing revisions.
>It took about 40 minutes, downloaded something greater than 100MB [1]
>and ended up adding about 30MB to .bzr.

Wow.  It took me only 25 minutes *over a wireless modem* to pull the
whole trunk branch the first time, IIRC.  I don't know why people are
seeing such different timings.

>So: your tarball was a help, thank you! However, I noticed that
>pulling from the mirror on lauchpad seems faster than savannah.
>Perhaps they're running a smartserver already? Is said mirror anything
>like official, or will it go away once the savannah teams gets
>loggerhead is working?

The mirror at Launchpad will stay there, and I'm beginning to think we
should simply direct people at it, if it's going to work better...

-K