Re: bzr branch makes bogus "No space left on device" claim and dies

From: B Smith-Mannschott
Subject: Re: bzr branch makes bogus "No space left on device" claim and dies
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 15:10:19 +0100

Hi Karl,

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 04:28, Karl Fogel <address@hidden> wrote:
> Well, I put a tarball up here a week or so ago, so it should still be
> useful as a starting point:
>
>  http://www.red-bean.com/kfogel/emacs-bzr-repository.tar.gz

I grabbed this (300MB) today over my work connection. I tweaked
trunk/.bzr/branch/branch.conf to point it to use http: instead of
sftp. I was then able to bzr pull the week or so of missing revisions.
It took about 40 minutes, downloaded something greater than 100MB [1]
and ended up adding about 30MB to .bzr.

[1] I stopped watching after a few minutes, and unfortunately bzr
wipes it's progress bar from the terminal once the download has
completed, so there's no way to see how much data was finally
transferred. It also doesn't write this to .bzr.log. Perhaps it
should.

So: your tarball was a help, thank you! However, I noticed that
pulling from the mirror on lauchpad seems faster than savannah.
Perhaps they're running a smartserver already? Is said mirror anything
like official, or will it go away once the savannah teams gets
loggerhead is working?

I'll be honest: compared to git, bzr is something of a let down, but I
don't much mind. I'm glad to have an excuse to learn more about bzr.
(I'm a VCS generalist. I follow a couple of open source projects that
use mercurial for the same reason.)

// Ben