Re: Bzr document unclear. There is no "conflict markers".

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Bzr document unclear. There is no "conflict markers".
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 10:10:02 -0500

> Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 15:33:50 +0100
> From: Jan Djärv <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
> If I modify one file it just shows that as modified.  I can't reproduce the
> original error.  But it still doesn't show any conflict markers:
>
> % bzr merge
> bzr: ERROR: Working tree "/home/jhd/src/bzr/emacs/fixes/" has uncommitted
> changes (See bzr status).

I see that as well when I have uncommitted changes on a branch, so
it's probably normal.  Note that the wiki tells you to "bzr merge"
_before_ you start hacking.  But you are right that this issue should
be more explicit; I will edit the wiki (unless someone more
knowledgeable points out where we both are mistaken).

> I kind of expected merge to merge changes without me having to check in into
> the quickfix branch first.

Why do you need that?  It is so easy to uncommit on a local branch
that committing there shouldn't be a hard decision.  It's not like you
are going to pollute a public repository.

> Is there such a command?

I don't know.