Re: GNU Emacs is on Bazaar now.

From: Giorgos Keramidas
Subject: Re: GNU Emacs is on Bazaar now.
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 04:26:53 +0200

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 03:08:07 +0100, Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 02:26, Giorgos Keramidas <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I personally find this sort of workflow a bit useful when dealing with
>> tiny changesets.  The final branch history of trunk is going to be much
>> "cleaner" if we don't have thousands of tiny changesets followed by a
>> merge commit after each small one.
>
> A way to do the equivalent of "git rebase -i" would be nice, too.

I've only been using "bzr rebase" for a few hours.  I don't see anything
that resembles "git rebase -i" in the documentation of the current bzr
plugin, so it's possible that there is no equivalent.

It's conceivable that a careful combination of "bzr shelve" and the
existing "bzr rebase" functionality may be one way to achieve similar
results with "git rebase -i".  If this turns out to be too complex, we
should probably focus on an easy workflow for small changes first and
leave more complex history manipulation tricks for later.