Re: GNU Emacs is on Bazaar now.

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: GNU Emacs is on Bazaar now.
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 23:30:34 +0100

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

>> A separate question is, is this a *good* procedure for quick fixes?
>
> Just commit and push them.  There is no point in using a special branch.

It depends on how quick your quickfix is.

If you start editing the trunk mirror expecting to finish on a few
minutes, but you slowly realize that the issue is not so simple, or some
other urgent task arises ("you broke the build, fix it asap!" etc) you
will have to deal with a polluted gateway to upstream, which is a
inconvenience (move away your "quick" changes, revert modified files,
and later recover the changes. `bzr shelve' can be handy here, but I
don't recommend it to beginners.)

Given the slow commit rate on the Emacs project, I see no problem using
the quickfixes branch on a CVS-like way: bind it to upstream and

bzr update
<hack, hack, hack>
bzr update
<maybe solve conflicts>
bzr commit -m "fixed bug #2434"

It is very likely that this works fine with VC.

--
Óscar