Re: open large file with C code: is it realy should be so slow?

From: Dave Milter
Subject: Re: open large file with C code: is it realy should be so slow?
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 13:33:43 +0300

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 1:51 PM, Dave Milter <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried emacs-cvs package from my Linux distributive.
> M-x version says that it is GNU Emacs 23.1.90.1.
>
> It much, much better then previous version, yes it still eats cpu,
> during fast scrolling, but not continuosly, and stop eat cpu, after I
> scroll all file.
>
> But I faced with another problem, have no idea is it related to new
> code in c-mode.
>
> Time to time magic tab stop working.
>
> For example, I have code like this
> if (foo) {
> }
> I insert line after if (foo) {
> if (foo) {
> if (boo) {
> }
> tab not move "if (boo) {" to position with right indentation.
>
> But if I kill buffer, and repopen file all works as expected.
> I can not find way to constantly reproduce this bug,
> this happened time to time, when I insert a couple of lines into
> existing code, <tab> stop working in right way, I kill buffer,
> open file again, and all works.

I was able to reproduce it constantly.

Open empty file C file, for example
/tmp/1.c
type
#include <stdio.h><enter>
<enter>
int main(int argc, char *argv[])<enter>
{<enter>
}<enter>

after that save and go to "{"
type enter and wrote:
if (argc < 3) {<enter>
}<enter>

aftern that tab will not move "if (argc < 3)" to right position.