Re: Fix info display of images

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Fix info display of images
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 21:28:21 +0100

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:

>> the info images in the Lilypond documentation have a rather messed-up
>> display.  That's more or less due to Emacs putting "invisible"
>> properties over image code indiscriminately.
>>
>> I find that the following does help.
>
> If you provided a test case, I would be able to confirm whether it
> works or not.

I can't easily provide a useful test case since that requires the
corresponding image files as well, and those are in one rather large
directory.

*I* can confirm that the patch works as intended.

> But now it seems strange to me that you fix this in
> `Info-hide-cookies-node' instead of `Info-display-images-node'.

The problem is that `Info-hide-cookies-node' rehides the images.  The
combination of invisible and display properties wreaks havoc on the
resulting display and cursor movement.  This gets even worse because the
images are also displayed using the "rear-nonsticky (display)" property,
which implies that all other properties (including invisible) become
rear-sticky.

So Info-hide-cookies-node should simply refrain from tampering with
cookies that have already been handled.

The extended test in my patch does that.

--
David Kastrup