Re: file-name-at-point-functions

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: file-name-at-point-functions
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 19:44:19 +0200

> The new file-name-at-point functionality doesn't seem to work.
> At least not in "emacs -Q".

Currently it works only when `ffap' is loaded (but without using
`ffap-bindings' to not override standard key bindings).

To make it work in "emacs -Q" we should either preload `ffap' by default
(but we decided not to do this) or improve `thingatpt' to provide most
useful functionality of `ffap' (could be done after feature freeze
as it requires much work).

> Also it seems it is not mentioned in etc/NEWS.

It is now in etc/NEWS in the section that mentions `ffap'.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/