Re: Proposal to use usertags rather than packages on debbugs.gnu.org

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Proposal to use usertags rather than packages on debbugs.gnu.org
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 16:01:06 -0500

> 1) For a single bug, it's a little more typing:

> user address@hidden
> usertags 1234 calendar

That's not great.  How 'bout just:

   usertags 1234 calendar

where some default `user' is used if missing?
Or at least use a `user' that's less error-prone, like

   user emacs
   usertags 1234 calendar

> 2) To search you have to construct the URL by hand to some extent.  We
> could try and fix this, or simply add a static link.

I'd also like to be able to see something like "all bugs except those
with tag gnus/calendar/cedet/w32/ns".

IIUC this doesn't work on the current debbugs but only on the future
debbugs.gnu.org, right?

        Stefan