Re: support for bzr shelve/unshelve in vc-dir

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: support for bzr shelve/unshelve in vc-dir
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 09:25:21 +0100

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:

>   > > Are the bzr shelve/unshelve commands popular?  Do we want
>   > > something similar to the vc-dir support for "git stash" for bzr
>   > > shelve/unshelve?
>   >
>   > That would be welcome, yes.
>
> Done.

The implementation shelves all the changes on the current
branch. Although this is useful, an usual application of `shelve' is for
temporarily removing out of your way some changes (allowing to commit
only specific changes of the edited files, for example.) An ideal
implementation of `shelve' for vc would show the output of `bzr diff',
mark the hunks you want to shelve, and then run the command. Sadly, it
seems impossible to non-interactively indicate to bzr which hunks it
should shelve.

> I couldn't find a way to display the content of a shelf, so support for
> that is missing.

As mentioned on a previous message, `bzr shelf1 list' should do what you
need. It is from bzrtools, which is a popular plugin. However, the
command either is broken or I don't know how to use it. I'll ask on the
bazaar ml.

--
Óscar