Re: bzr repository ready?

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: bzr repository ready?
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 17:30:59 +0100

>       The approach currently documented in the
>     wiki is *reasonably* simple, especially for the beta tester or
>     occasional contributor of code.
>
> I find it rather complex, so I will use one of these two simpler
> suggestions.  I think we should inform people about these options.

Much of the confusion comes from the abundance of workflows bzr
allows. I'm starting to think that pointing out the existence of
alternative workflows only added confusion to the discussion (and I'm
guilty of that). Maybe the right approach was to describe a "blessed"
workflow on the wiki and behave as if the other approaches didn't
exist. This, certainly, would be positive from the pedagogical POV.

If there is real interest on using one of those introductory workflows
I'll write the documentation, unless someone thinks that having two
widely different documents for helping CVS users on the transition will
only create more confussion.

BTW, I pretend to explain the "bound branch" approach, always
emphasizing that is a middle point between CVS and Bazaar and that the
user should eventually transition to a fully dVCS practice unless some
circumstances are met (the user is always connected and writes simple
changes).

--
Óscar