Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs/lisp/net tramp.el

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs/lisp/net tramp.el
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 05:34:13 +0100

Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:

> It looks like this is a collection of unrelated fixes that you happened
> to commit all at once.  Is that right?  (A summary line at the top would
> be useful, because it would help the reader put herself in the right
> frame of mind for absorbing the detailed changes.)

In the Tramp case, the summary line might be "sync with upstream",
that's happening. I can try to do it better, but it is not always the
case that the same granularity of changes in Tramp arrives Emacs. It
would require to apply the same set of patches in both repostories,
which is not supported by CVS.

This might change, when we use Bazaar (I haven't played with it yet).

> Best,
> -Karl

Best regards, Michael.