Re: Emacs for new users

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs for new users
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 16:56:42 -0500

> Putting cua-mode on the menus was a good step towards making it easier
> for newcommers. Could we perhaps also apply my patches that shows C-c,
> C-x etc on the edit menu when cua-mode is on?

FWIW I doubt it'd be very useful: the whole point of using CUA is so
that users can use the bindings they already know.  The key here being
"they already know", so placing those bindings in the menu is
not necessary.

        Stefan

PS: I could even construe the current behavior as a feature to "teach
them the real bindings instead", although I think it's more of an
accident than anything.