Re: bzr repository ready?

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: bzr repository ready?
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 15:06:24 +0900

Lennart Borgman writes:

 > But maybe you can point to somewhere in the documentation?
 >
 > For example I would like to upload my local changes (which maybe never
 > make it into Emacs, who knows) to a central repository to allow others
 > easy access and to have a safe copy of them.

One option is Launchpad[1] which provides many other services:

http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/bzr.2.0/en/tutorials/using_bazaar_with_launchpad.html

Another is to simply rsync your branch into any random URL space you
own, then publish the branch URL.

 > I change only a tiny amount of Emas so maybe the central copy of my
 > local changes could hold only that?

No, you can't do that yet.  This requires something like Subversion
externals or git submodules.  And you wouldn't be able to define the
region of interest, such "externals" have to be defined projectwide.

Footnotes:
[1]  I am not affiliated with Canonical.