Re: bzr repository ready?

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: bzr repository ready?
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 10:00:04 +0900

Richard Stallman writes:

 > In a checkout, what do you get in the way of change log information?

You get the ChangeLog files, and if you are connected to the parent
branch (either on a local disk or a remote host), you can use bzr to
get the log and other information about history (eg, diffs) from the
parent branch.  This caveat about being connected is why I recommend
that core developers use branches, at least until they decide they
need to optimize space or something.

 > So there is the brief info that you get with `bzr log', and the full info
 > you can see somehow.  Does the lightweight checkout include either of these?

No, AFAIK -- it needs to talk to the parent branch.  That's why it's
"lightweight".