Re: built-in variable `font-use-system-font' not bound

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: built-in variable `font-use-system-font' not bound
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 19:58:52 +0100

Jason Rumney skrev 2009-11-20 18.19:
Jan Djärv wrote:
Eli Zaretskii skrev:
Building Emacs on MS-Windows produces this message at loadup time:

Note, built-in variable `font-use-system-font' not bound

What does that even mean? Why does it complain on that variable and
not any of the other X-specific variables in cus-start?

The other variables start with "x-", as caught by the code about a page
below the entry for font-use-system-font starting with this comment:

;; Don't complain about missing variables which are
;; irrelevant to this platform.

Aha. I just thought that we should avoid x-, since there are many x- in use in the w32 port. But maybe that was functions? I'll fix this.

        Jan D.