Re: strings referred to by Vsjis_coding_system, Vbig5_coding_system

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: strings referred to by Vsjis_coding_system, Vbig5_coding_system
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 13:52:05 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:

> I can't find one at the moment, and unfortunately I did not save a
> debugging session.
> All the ones that I find at the moment are referred to from
> Vcoding_system_hash_table.
> Can you please figure out this one?

Ah, then I think that \377 string is to record safely
encodable character sets for each coding system.  If Nth
element is not \377, the charset whose ID is N is encodable
by that coding system.

And, yes, those strings can be in pure memory when created
by temacs.  But, note that one can change a definition of a
coding system at runtime (perhaps rarely happen) and it
makes the string in pure memory accessed from nowhere.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden