Re: loaddefs and provide

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: loaddefs and provide
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 21:11:27 -0500

Stefan Monnier wrote:

> If you want to revert it, go for it.  The main thing I really wanted to
> remove was generated-autoload-feature (tho I also think that without
> a way to tweak the provided feature, the `provide' should better not be
> there),

It was semi-reverted, and now I'm confused as to what the recommended
practice is here. Is the provision of a feature in an autoload file
considered obsolete and not to be used? (I do get the point of the
last quoted sentence above, I think.)

BTW, although it seems harmless, there are now 4 files in Emacs that
provide the 'loaddefs feature.