Re: Emacs 23.1 on Mac OS X 10.6.1 (Snow Leopard) - build failed

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Emacs 23.1 on Mac OS X 10.6.1 (Snow Leopard) - build failed
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 00:03:25 +0100

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 11:25 PM, Florent Georges <address@hidden> wrote:
> David Reitter wrote:
>
>> Don't use the release - I don't think it builds..
>> Check out the head/master branch via CVS
>
>  Thanks!  I've just tried, and got the same error aaditya reported earlier
> today (menu.c:1077: error: ‘EmacsMenu’ undeclared, as well as 3 other
> identifiers undeclared in this same file.)  Do you know a tag or something
> else I can specifically check out from CVS to have a code base that builds on
> Snow Leopard?

I wonder if they are related to some problems I have seen with the
menus on w32 - with my patched version of Emacs. I sometimes get
errors that entries in a menu are undefined, but when I try again it
works.

Since no one have reported this problem before I have not cared very
much about it. I believe it has something to do with that in the
patched version it is much easier to access the menus from the
keyboard (at least if you are using the w32 windows keys as meta and
leave the Alt key to the w32 gui handler so it can open the menus).

There seem to be some initialization that is done in the wrong order.
Maybe my case is a different one than the problems you are seeing now,
of course, since I use a slightly patched version.