Re: Switch the Windows port to using Unicode keyboard input

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Switch the Windows port to using Unicode keyboard input
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 22:39:13 +0800

Lennart Borgman wrote:
Isn't it possible to keep the old code and check whether to use it or
not in the binary?

It may be, but changing the window class in a backwards compatible way is not as straightforward as the other function calls where we have done that. I suspect that a better approach would be to fix all the locations where system calls are used to cope with both _UNICODE and non _UNICODE builds, and use the non-specific system functions throughout.