Re: CEDET merge

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: CEDET merge
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 12:58:43 +0900

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:
> Currently, the interface to Semantic is via "M-x semantic-mode", and to
> EDE via "M-x global-ede-mode"; these should install a "Development" menu
> on the menu bar that can be used to enable further features.
> Suggestions about improving this interface, and the CEDET integration in
> general, are welcome.

(1)
"M-x semantic-mode" works, but if I do "M-x global-ede-mode", I get the
following error:

   Cannot open load file: ede/makefile-edit

If there are already source-file buffers when I do M-x global-ede-mode,
then I the error immediately, otherwise, it happens when I visit a
source file or directory.

I tried "make bootstrap" etc, with no improvement.

(2)
I get the following error with semantic-mode:

   (a) visit the following source file:

---- cut here ----
#include <stdio.h>

int main ()
{
  printf ("hello world\n");
  return 0;
}
---- cut here ----

   (b) do M-x semantic-mode

   (c) position point after "printf"

   (d) use the command: "C-c , j"
       (I don't even know what that command does, but it gets an error...)

   (e) I get the following error/backtrace:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument syntax-table-p nil)
  set-syntax-table(nil)
  semantic-ctxt-current-symbol-default(nil)
  semantic-ctxt-current-symbol()
  semantic-ctxt-current-thing()
  semantic-complete-default-to-tag(nil)
  semantic-complete-read-tag-engine([object semantic-collector-buffer-deep "Sym$
  semantic-complete-read-tag-buffer-deep("Symbol: ")
  semantic-complete-jump-local()
  call-interactively(semantic-complete-jump-local nil nil)

-miles

--
"Though they may have different meanings, the cries of 'Yeeeee-haw!' and
 'Allahu akbar!' are, in spirit, not actually all that different."