Re: make-variable-buffer-local change

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: make-variable-buffer-local change
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 22:16:14 +0200

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 21:46, Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> wrote:

> My point is that it is cheaper to make this variable buffer local
> exactly in the buffers that need to have it buffer local, rather than
> making it buffer local in all buffers.

"automatically buffer-local" does not mean "buffer local in all
buffers"; only on those that set it. There's no change with respect to
the previous situation. Before, packages manually set it to
buffer-local and then assigned it, now it is automatic.

> That's just a restatement of the facts, I am looking for an analysis of
> the cause of issue.

Trace `uniquify-rationalize-file-buffer-names' and
`uniquify-buffer-file-name' and you'll see it happen. Then you can
judge by yourself whether you think it's a bug or not. I think it is.

    Juanma