Re: Emacs 22 Carbon+AppKit port and Emacs 23 Mac port

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Emacs 22 Carbon+AppKit port and Emacs 23 Mac port
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 21:42:55 +0900

David Reitter writes:

 > Everybody please note that there are probably very few people still
 > left on 10.3.  It came out in 2003, with the last minor release made
 > in early 2005.

For practical purposes even 10.4 support is thin on the ground these
days.  It's been 6 months since I went more than two weeks without PPC
and/or 10.4-related breakage in MacPorts, for example.

OTOH, I have to suspect that Emacs users are hugely overrepresented in
the group that's still using 10.3. :-)