Re: VC top of the tree diff and log

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: VC top of the tree diff and log
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 01:27:29 +0300

>>> C-x v L l - long logs
>>> C-x v L s - short logs
>>> C-x v L r - root logs
>>> C-x v L R l - long root logs
>>> C-x v L R s - short root logs
>>
>> Ugh... that looks way too baroque.  I don't want to have to make
>> multiple decisions and follow deep branching menu structures for such a
>> common operation.  Morever, combining shifted and unshifted keys in a
>> binding _really_ slow down invocation (and raise the error rate).
>
> These commands are not too frequently used, so the speed of their
> invocation is not important.  OTOH, I see no other way to extend
> log commands to control more options like "git-log --stat",
> graph/no graph, and other pretty format options.

Strike that, I now have a better idea.

`C-u C-x v l' could ask for more additional command line arguments like
"--stat", "--graph", "--pretty", "--since", "--author", "--no-merges",
most useful of which could be added to the default value list of the
minibuffer.  This would allow the user to build complex queries.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/