Getting rid field-complete

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Getting rid field-complete
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 17:52:35 -0400

lisp.el has a function field-complete, which I apparently installed back
in 2007, but it doesn't seem very useful now (minibuffer-complete works
about as well for that purpose).

Any objection to getting rid of it without even going
through obsolescence (AFAICT it was never advertized anywhere, and it's
not even mentioned in ChangeLog, I'm not sure why I installed it, but
I strongly suspect it was a pilot-error)?

        Stefan