Re: VC top of the tree diff and log

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: VC top of the tree diff and log
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 17:25:35 -0400

>> Here's an updated version that implements both top of the tree log and
>> diff and adds an option to show short logs.
>> As it is now it short logs will be shown when a directory is present in
>> the fileset.  Adding `file' to `vc-log-short-style' will make C-x v l
>> show short logs for files too.
>>
>> vc-git.el was changed to support short logs, and vc-cvs.el to ignore the
>> extra option (all vc backends need a similar change)
>>
>> WDYT?

> Ping.

> Any reason not to install this?

It looks OK, tho I'm not convinced about the vc-log-short-style
customization.  Maybe I misunderstand what is meant by "short log", but
I have the impression that you might want both short and long logs both
for dirs and for files, depending on the situation.  So maybe a better
solution would be to use a different command or a prefix arg to choose,
rather than a custom-var.

        Stefan