Re: Emacs 23.1 flushes stdin on startup

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Emacs 23.1 flushes stdin on startup
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 10:19:56 -0400

Ulrich Mueller <address@hidden> writes:

> I had read that post. The question is if discarding the input is
> really necessary, or if it could be saved somehow?

This will involve either "reverse keyboard translation", or delaying
keyboard translation till after the terminal initialization is complete
(which may not be trivial for the multi-tty case).  When I looked at the
problem a while back, my impression was that it's not worth the effort.
But if you'd like to make the attempt, please go ahead and try.