Re: New sync'd branch

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: New sync'd branch
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 16:01:30 +0200

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 11:32, Eli Zaretskii<address@hidden> wrote:

> Did you actually try to install and set up MSYS on Windows, and then
> use that in parallel to the native MinGW development environment?

If you install the git executable bundle (currently, that's called
Git-1.6.4-preview20090730.exe ) instead of the msysgit development
environment (that's msysGit-*install-1.6.4-preview20090730.exe), you
can have it set up so it doesn't mess at all with your existing MinGW
or MSYS; the only thing it adds to the PATH is
C:\my_git_install_path\cmd, and that directory just contains a couple
.cmd scripts which locally tweak the PATH to be able to run things in
git\bin.

    Juanma