Re: interactive-p and called-interactively-p

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: interactive-p and called-interactively-p
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 09:29:21 -0400

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> It would have been far better to just add an optional argument to
>> `interactive-p' than to create a new, similarly named function.
>
> Agreed.  Any objection?

Since called-interactively-p has been around since Emacs 22, and the
benefit in cleanliness is rather minute, I don't think it's worth the
hassle.  We can't just remove called-interactively-p because that would
break backward compatibility, which means adding another argument to
interactive-p just means more non-useful complexity (how many people
would benefit from this anyway?).