capitalize-dwim (was: Patch to change just-one-space)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: capitalize-dwim (was: Patch to change just-one-space)
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 11:26:31 -0400

>> case changing. Some work on word, some on region... with
>> transient-mark-mode on now, the region versions could be merged.

It's worth a try, indeed.

>> The lower case and upper case and cap first versions can also be
>> merged, i think, into one dwim version that just cycles.

I doubt this would work: I very often use M-u, or M-c repeatedly to
apply the change to a bunch of words: assuming the first word is
all-lowercase, what should your new command do on the second invocation:
apply the same change to the second word or cycle the capitalization
style on the first word?

        Stefan