Re: Patch to change just-one-space

From: Deniz Dogan
Subject: Re: Patch to change just-one-space
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 08:59:54 +0200

2009/8/14 Stephen J. Turnbull <address@hidden>:
> Deniz Dogan writes:
>  > 2009/8/14 Juri Linkov <address@hidden>:
>
>  > > No, it's a controversial change.  Just imagine typing M-SPC at the end
>  > > of the paragraph.
>  >
>  > That's exactly why I wrote this change, because that's how I use my
>  > own version of M-SPC. I very rarely use the version that's in CVS now.
>
> I use the current definition a lot; usage patterns vary, it seems.
>
> In your typical use there are *no* non-newline spaces?

No, it is usually a combination of spaces and newlines, e.g. in:

  c <a href="#">Hello</a>

...where point is at "c". Then I'd just merge the lines using M-SPC
DEL or M-0 M-SPC. Then I would probably do it again:

...where point is at "c". The result:

> It seems to me that a more flexible and discoverable (and to you
> equivalent, up to default keybindings) idea would be to define
> `paragraph-join' and `paragraph-break', and bind the former to M-SPC.

Sounds interesting. So basically we would make `paragraph-join' the
same as "my" version of `just-one-space'? Or did you have something
different in mind?

--
Deniz Dogan