Re: moving window handling into lisp

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: moving window handling into lisp
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 15:33:14 +0200

> Mmm, but that problem does not make it np-complete...

... It can make it loop infinitely.  ISTR an early problem with (La)TeX
really hanging when inserting a footnote would make a page overfull,
leaving it away underfull.

> ... or perhaps it is then since there can be no solution in this case ... ;-)
>
> I do not understand what you mean. You have found that it can't be
> solved in this case, or? What am I missing?

I don't know.  I'm still waiting to see how your algorithm handles
windows getting too small and fixed size windows.

> Yes. The primitives must be changed so there is a chance of putting
> back the tree in 4 at all. (But I think I have said that several
> times.)

Which primitives?  What does "putting back the tree" mean?

martin