Re: Fiddling with the menus

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Fiddling with the menus
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 15:03:54 +0200

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 7:06 AM, Dan Nicolaescu<address@hidden> wrote:
> Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>
>  > [ Sorry, hit C-c C-c before it was time.  Here's the rest of the list. ]
>  >
>  > > Emacs 22's Tool menu.
>
> Here's some small suggestions for the Tools menu:
>
> - move Debugger right after Compile ...
> - move the version control entries before the spell checker

... and remove the grep entry. The advertising of grep style command
should be for lgrep/rgrep (and they should be in Edit/Search).
lgrep/rgrep mentions grep and their common command history. That is
enough for the advertising in a case like this I believe.

Should perhaps Spelling be moved to the Edit menu? It does not have
very much in common with Compile etc (but with Mail of course)?