Re: Darkening font-lock colors

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Darkening font-lock colors
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 02:56:18 +0300

>> Thanks for doing this, if you are looking for opinions: your way is
>> better that both the current CVS and emacs22.
>
> I disagree.  Juri's proposed colors look way too faded out -- i.e., hard
> to read (emacs22 colors suffered from the same problem), and are more
> irritating to boot

I agree that my colors are not ideal but they are better than
unreadable emacs22 colors and better than the current CVS colors
that are indistinguishable from each other and from the default
black foreground color.

> (magenta should not be used for text!).

Magenta should not be used on a dark background where a better color
is violet.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/