bug tracker - no more close explanation?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: bug tracker - no more close explanation?
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 07:11:21 -0700

When a bug was closed, I used to get a mail that included an explanation from
the person who closed the bug. In fact, typically I also received a separate
mail from that person. Not now.

For bug 4033, I received separately only the two automatic mails attached here,
neither of which has a link, and neither of which says anything about why the
bug was closed.

* One of the mails says that Yidong closed it (no explanation). It says that I
should hear from Yidong shortly (I haven't yet).

* The other mail says to send explanations to me (does that suggest that I
closed it?).

What happened to the mail I used to get that included, as attachments, the above
info but also a mail from the closer explaining the closing?

There is also nothing in the bug entry about why the bug is closed.
http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=4033

I think (not sure) that this is not the first time this has happened. Dunno if
this was a human oversight (no biggee) or a bug tracker problem.
--- Begin Message --- Subject: bug#4033 acknowledged by developer (close 4033) Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 19:45:04 -0700

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
#4033: 23.1; list-colors-display is misleading,
which was filed against the emacs package.

It has been marked as closed by one of the developers, namely
Chong Yidong <address@hidden>.

You should be hearing from them with a substantive response shortly,
in case you haven't already. If not, please contact them directly.

Don Armstrong
(administrator, Emacs bugs database)

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Processed: close 4033 Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 19:45:05 -0700

Processing commands for address@hidden:

> close 4033
bug#4033: 23.1; list-colors-display is misleading
'close' is deprecated; see http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/Developer.html#closing.
bug closed, send any further explanations to "Drew Adams" <address@hidden>

> thanks
Stopping processing here.