Re: Updating org-mode in Emacs

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Updating org-mode in Emacs
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 06:41:31 +0800

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

> Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> Once again, this has clobbered existing changes made to Org in the
>>> Emacs CVS. For example, my changes to org-rmail. This seems to happen
>>> every time Org gets updated.
>>
>> What am I supposed to do if I cannot commit to Emacs for a long time
>> because of feature freeze and pretest, and if in the mean time the
>> changes accumulate to this amount?  I don't know a different way,
>> most certainly not using CVS.
>
> If you don't track Emacs CVS, we can try sending patches to you.

FWIW, I track Emacs CVS and forward patches to Carsten.

But, pride set aside, I could easily be replaced by a simple mechanism
that would send emails to Emacs maintainers when someone modifies a file
they are maintaining.  This has already been requested long ago.  Will
this be doable with bzr?  I know git has a simple hook system that lets
you do this.

--
 Bastien