Re: Changes 2009-07-15/16 in branch?

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Changes 2009-07-15/16 in branch?
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 07:05:46 +0900

> Thanks for the explanation.  We should remove the background
> transparency feature from 23.1 and implement it for multiple
> platforms in a future release.

To explain the current status of the EMACS_23_1_RC branch, some
convenience Lisp functions for background transparency are removed.
But the essential part for alpha-component support that implements
background transparency in the NS port was once removed by me but then
reverted by Yidong, and that feature is still accessible from the user
using some incompatible color format like:

  (set-face-background 'default "ARGBccffffff")

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden