Re: Patch: Blunderbuss ".dir-locals.el" raises everything in its path!!

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Patch: Blunderbuss ".dir-locals.el" raises everything in its path!!
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 19:43:29 +0000

Hi, Jan!

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 11:40:22AM +0200, Jan Djärv wrote:

> Alan Mackenzie skrev:

> >Here's a better patch, incorporating Yidong's amendments to the
> >manipulations of `file-local-variables-alist'.  Please try this out!

> It works fine.  Setting c-cleanup-list in a hook or by customize does
> the same thing now.

Good!  I committed it to the Emacs-23.1 branch, but Yidong asked me to
take it out again, quite justifiably.  We are too close to the release.
So 23.1 will be going out without that patch.  :-(

However, I think you'd agree that it's not really a critical bug, no
matter how annoying it is.  The fix is in the trunk for Emacs 23.2.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).