Re: Infrastructural complexity.

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Infrastructural complexity.
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 00:57:17 +0300

>> Yes, and this means we have almost all necessary pieces except
>> a decent window configuration manager.
>
> Could you please list the features of such a manager?

Like most window managers Emacs should allow the user to create
persistent window configurations, specify window placement, group windows
to window layouts, easily change, save and restore window groups with
window parameters like dedicatedness.

There are already a few packages that partially implement this like
winner.el (restores old window configurations), winring.el (named
window configuration rings), escreen.el (emacs window session manager),
gnus-win.el (window layouts in `gnus-buffer-configuration').

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/